Have fun with others and practice skills to live a well-rounded life and tackle daily challenges with ease. At a Diabetes Self-Management workshop, you will learn the skills to feel better, embrace life and spend less time in the doctor’s office or hospital.
- 2.5-hour workshop each Tuesday for six weeks
- Bring your spouse, family member or friend
- Free workbook and refreshments
Starts: January 16th, 2018
When: Tuesdays at 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM for six weeks
Where: Sunshine Community Health Center – Talkeetna Office, Mile 4.4 Talkeetna Spur Rd.
Space is limited so register now.
Want to talk with someone first or prefer to register by phone? Contact Kirsten at (907) 733-9263.
Diabetes self-management workshops teach you how to engage in health-promoting behaviors, give you the knowledge to deal with the impact of diabetes on your life and be more confident in managing your condition. This includes all aspects of your health ~ physical, emotional, social, and medical expertise. These workshops are designed to:
- Give you nutrition facts and information about food and diabetes
- Teach you about monitoring diabetes and blood sugar
- Develop your ability to set and attain goals
- Reduce stress or anxiety related to diabetes
- Prevent complications and much more
What is Self-Management
Self-management is practicing the skills you need to live an active and emotionally satisfying life. People who take these classes feel better, are less limited by their ongoing health condition and may spend less time at the doctor’s or in the hospital. Learn skills and tips to:
- Understand and handle symptoms
- Find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue.
- Eat well and be active
- Understand how to live with difficult emotions
- Learn better ways to talk with your doctor and family about your health.
- Solve many of the problems that prevent you from doing what you want to do
- Set your own goals and make a step-by-step plan to improve your health
- Get the support you need
Who Should Attend
These workshops are very helpful for anyone with Type I, Type II diabetes or prediabetes and their support network. You are encouraged to bring your spouse, family member, or friend to attend the workshop with you.