Paying For Your Visit
Sunshine Community Health Center (SCHC) contracts with many public and private insurance carriers. Denali Kid Care, Medicare, Medicaid and private pay patients are welcome. Our health and wellness services are available to all. We will never withhold service because of a patient’s inability to pay.
To ensure patients are aware of all services available we recommend patients meet with a patient advocate, especially if they are new to SCHC. This is a free service to review available services, determine eligibility for those services, provide assistance filling out paperwork and answer administrative questions regarding your healthcare.
Insurance and Billing Reimbursement
Sunshine Community Health Center will bill all insurance companies, including those for whom we are not a preferred provider. We welcome patients enrolled with private insurers not listed on this page. Our medical assistants will contact insurance companies for approval for all referrals.
If you have scheduled a visit without a referral, please contact your insurance company with questions about reimbursement. If your insurance company does not contract with any provider in the region, your visit may qualify for reimbursement equal to preferred provider rates.
Please bring a copy of your insurance card to your appointment. Your office visit copay is requested at the time of service.
Private Pay and Sliding Fee Scale Program
Sunshine Community Health Center does not want financial constraints to prevent individuals and families from seeking their needed care; therefore, we have adopted a sliding fee discount schedule.
We ask that all new patients meet with one of our patient advocates to register and to determine eligibility for the slide discount program.
Eligibility and Expectations Sliding Fee Scale Program
- All patients are eligible to complete the Sliding Fee Scale Eligibility form. Eligibility is based on household size and income.
- Eligibility forms must be signed by the patients, reviewed and approved by SCHC
- Determination of eligibility for sliding fee scale discounts are done on an annual basis
- Patients qualifying for a sliding fee discount will be expected to pay an affordable nominal flat fee at the time services are rendered
- This payment will cover a single provider visit
- There will be additional charges for ancillary services such as lab, x-rays, and medication
- This payment does not cover dental; there is a separate schedule for those services
Appointment with the Patient Advocate
The Patient Advocate will help to determine eligibility for the sliding fee scale program.
For your appointment with the Patient Advocate please bring the following if applicable:
- Proof of household income (last two pay stubs or tax returns from the previous year)
- Social verification records (Food Stamps, Public Assistance etc) or
- Two reference letters from different sources that can verify that you do not receive any income
- Information regarding the existence of any third party insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, SCHIP, etc.)
Medicare, Medicaid and Veteran's Health Services
Sunshine Community Health Center contracts with Medicaid, Medicare, and Denali Kid Care. Please bring a copy of your insurance card to your appointment. Your office visit copay is requested at the time of service.
U.S. Veterans receiving services at Sunshine Community Health Center are eligible for VA reimbursement only by referral by the Veterans Health Administration. More information can be found on our Veterans page.
Visit the “Quick Pay” online bill pay system for quick access to pay your bill and view statements.
Get full access to the updated Sunshine Community Health Center Patient Portal.