Sliding Fee Scale Program
Sunshine Community Health Center does not want financial constraints to prevent individuals and families from seeking their needed care; therefore, we have adopted a sliding fee discount schedule.
We ask that all new patients meet with one of our patient advocates to register and to determine eligibility for the slide discount program.
Eligibility and Expectations Sliding Fee Scale Program
- Patients with no third party coverage will be expected to provide appropriate information for the completion of the Sliding Fee Scale Eligibility form
- Eligibility forms must be signed by the patients, reviewed and approved by SCHC
- Determination of eligibility for sliding fee scale discounts are done on an annual basis
- Patients qualifying for a sliding fee discount will be expected to pay an affordable nominal flat fee at the time services are rendered
- This payment will cover a single provider visit
- There will be additional charges for ancillary services such as lab, x-rays and medication
- This payment does not cover dental; there is a separate schedule for those services
Appointment with the Patient Advocate
The Patient Advocate will help to determine eligibility for the sliding fee scale program.
For your appointment with the Patient Advocate please bring any of the following if applicable:
- Proof of household income (last two pay stubs or tax returns from the previous year)
- Social verification records (Food Stamps, Public Assistance etc) or
- Two reference letters from different sources that can verify that you do not receive any income
- Information regarding the existence of any third party insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, SCHIP, etc.)
No patient will be denied care due to a documented inability to pay for services.