Telemedicine allows healthcare facilities to conduct office visits using telephone or video over the internet, rather than meeting in person. This also known as “online appointments,” “virtual care,” or “video chat with your doctor/psychiatrist.” It is very similar to FaceTime, Skype, Google Video, or whatever you may already use for video calls with friends and family. The main difference is that the Zoom platform is an easy to use, secure video system for medical appointments available to you at no cost.
Benefits of Telemedicine
- Consult with your doctor from the comfort of your home
- No transportation time or costs
- No need to take time off of work
- Eliminate child or eldercare issues
- Less exposure to illness
- Patients love it
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all Medicare plans, and most commercial/private plans cover this type of service.
Equipment You Will Need
One of the following digital devices:
- Desktop PC
- Laptop Computer
- Microphone (if not included in the mobile device or computer)
- Webcam (If not included in the mobile device or computer)
- Strong internet connection
How To Connect
Click on the appropriate link below for instructions on how to join your appointment.