Parenting can be challenging under the best of circumstance. Learning how to take care of oneself and showing oneself compassion is essential. Mindfulness is helpful for parents because it allows people to see things as they are in moment even when it is challenging. This gives parents the opportunity to respond intentionally instead of automatically reacting. We all want the best for our children and mindfulness gives us one more tool in our parenting toolbox.
Benefits of mindful parenting include:
- A deeper awareness of your own stress reactions
- Improved ability to respond more skillfully to unplanned or stressful moments with your child
- Learning to listen with kindness and attention to yourself and your child
- Learning to problem-solve with your child with patience and wisdom
- Increasing your child’s emotional strength and well-being
- Improving your child’s capacity to respond with kindness to others
- Creating healthier and more productive relationships between family members
Mindful Parenting Workshops include learning about what automatic parenting means, beginner’s mind parenting, reconnecting with our body as a parent, responding versus reacting to parenting stress, parenting patterns and schemas, conflict and parenting, love and limits, and a mindful path through parenting.
Workshops begin Friday, January 7th, and continue every Friday from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM for 8 weeks online via Zoom.
New Patients: If you are new to the Sunshine Community Health Center, you will need to complete new patient paperwork. A person from the clinic will call you to help you with this process or you can go to your local clinic and fill out paperwork. This is an essential part of enrollment.
Cost: Insurance will be billed and there are no co-pays. We do not want finances to be a barrier. For those without insurance, we offer a sliding fee scale based on income and the number of people in your family.
Enter your details in the spaces below.