Sunshine Community Health Center is a recognized patient-centered medical home.
Providers affiliated with patient-centered medical home focus on coordinating your overall care, rather than just treating the symptoms that brought you into the office today. In the medical home model, your primary care provider heads the team of medical professionals, including specialists, nurses, pharmacists, behavioral health professionals, nutritionists, medical assistants and other healthcare professionals all focused on the goal of improving your overall health. Electronic health record technology is used to coordinate and communicate your care and provide the best possible outcomes for you.
You, the patient, are the most important part of the medical home. We encourage you to take an active role in your own health and to work closely with the care team involved in your care, so you can be sure you are getting the care that you need.
As primary care providers in a patient center medical home, the benefits are:
- Sunshine Community Health Center is available when you need us. You can communicate easily and efficiently with us to get appointments, medical records or refill requests by phone or our patient portal.
- Sunshine Community Health Center knows you and your health history. We’re aware of your personal or family situation and can suggest treatment options that make sense for you.
- Sunshine Community Health Center can help you understand your condition(s) and how to take care of yourself. We will help you make decisions and explain your options regarding your care.
- Sunshine Community Health Center can help you coordinate your healthcare even if we are not the ones giving you that care. We will refer you to the specialists you need. We will ensure that they have the information needed to take care of you. We will help coordinate the care and will follow-up with you after you see a specialist.
- Sunshine Community Health Center uses electronic health record technology to help prevent medical errors and make sure that we are always on the same page as your healthcare needs.