Paying For Your Visit
Sunshine Community Health Center (SCHC) contracts with many public and private insurance carriers. Denali Kid Care, Medicare, Medicaid and private pay patients are welcome. Our health and wellness services are available to all. We will never withhold service because of a patient’s inability to pay.
To ensure patients are aware of all services available we recommend patients meet with a patient advocate, especially if they are new to SCHC. This is a free service to review available services, determine eligibility for those services, provide assistance filling out paperwork and answer administrative questions regarding your healthcare.
Insurance and Billing Reimbursement
If you have scheduled a visit without a referral, please contact your insurance company with questions about reimbursement. If your insurance company does not contract with any provider in the region, your visit may qualify for reimbursement equal to preferred provider rates.
Please bring a copy of your insurance card to your appointment. Your office visit copay is requested at the time of service.
Private Pay and Sliding Fee Scale Program
We ask that all new patients meet with one of our patient advocates to register and to determine eligibility for the slide discount program.
Eligibility and Expectations Sliding Fee Scale Program
- All patients are eligible to complete the Sliding Fee Scale Eligibility form. Eligibility is based on household size and income.
- Eligibility forms must be signed by the patients, reviewed and approved by SCHC
- Determination of eligibility for sliding fee scale discounts are done on an annual basis
- Patients qualifying for a sliding fee discount will be expected to pay an affordable nominal flat fee at the time services are rendered
- This payment will cover a single provider visit
- There will be additional charges for ancillary services such as lab, x-rays, and medication
- This payment does not cover dental; there is a separate schedule for those services
Dental Sliding Fee
Please visit the dental services page for more information about sliding fee scale services and rates.
Appointment with the Patient Advocate
The Patient Advocate will help to determine eligibility for the sliding fee scale program.
For your appointment with the Patient Advocate please bring the following if applicable:
- Proof of household income (last two pay stubs or tax returns from the previous year)
- Social verification records (Food Stamps, Public Assistance etc) or
- Two reference letters from different sources that can verify that you do not receive any income
- Information regarding the existence of any third party insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, SCHIP, etc.)
Medicare, Medicaid and Veteran's Health Services
U.S. Veterans receiving services at Sunshine Community Health Center are eligible for VA reimbursement only by referral by the Veterans Health Administration. More information can be found on our Veterans page.